Hello there Mama and world!
Today is day 11 of the November 30 day challenge! And I am feeling pretty great about where I’m at. The goals I set for myself for this month are:
- Hydration: I drink a lot of liquids. A LOT. Much of it is coffee, tea and soda water (I love bubbles!) That means that sometimes I don’t get enough straight up water, and that leaves me feeling a bit lethargic when I start to dry out.
- Caffeine: In addition to hydration, I am working to curve my caffeine intake – I LOVE COFFEE. And some days, I will go through two whole french presses on my own, and still want more. But it makes my heart race sometimes, and gives me the shakes. Not to mention weird dreams when I have it too late in the day.
- 30 Days of Yoga: I follow a YouTuber named Adriene, and her videos are easy to follow, non pressuring, and really fun! This is the current 30 day series I am following, and I feel great!
4) Relaxation: I am a person who focuses on being busy. Large projects, juggling tasks…avoiding reality. I grew up in an oppressive home situation that I was constantly trying to escape. My mom has MS (multiple sclerosis) and it left her difficult to take care of and emotionally unstable. As an 8-18 year old, I struggled with my identities as a queer individual, a devout catholic, a caregiver, and a perfectionist. It was a powder keg of emotion, and I was constantly trying to be AWAY. I’m focusing on trying to not fill all of my time with projects for the remainder of the year (once my album is put out of course!….more on that in the near future!)
5) Sugar: Halloween has come and gone – and I am finally feeling settled into my current state of sobriety. I now am working to be more mindful of how much sugar I am intaking each day – it makes me literally feel sick and tired when I eat too much! So I’m working on that too.
So far, this is all going great! I’m finding that there are ups and down with the sugar and the caffeine, and that is something I am hoping to really find some grounding on in the coming weeks and into December. I can’t wait to give more of an update next week!
❤ Kay Jay